Why is Understanding My Mindset Critical for My Success?
We often describe mindset as where you think from. And, where you think from has a powerful effect on how you feel, act, and the results you achieve. Self-talk, what you say to yourself about yourself, others, and the environment around you, is a good indicator of where you are thinking from. According to Medical News Today, self-talk is “a common and normal behavior” and though directed only to yourself “expresses inner feelings, non-verbal thoughts and intuitions about a situation.”
As you pay attention to your self-talk, you’ll better understand the quality of your mindset. By recognizing conflicting beliefs, you’ll be better able to align your thoughts with truth—enabling you to develop a mindset that is supportive and works for you.
You may be wondering:
- How can I overcome my thoughts of insecurity?
- Why do I expect things to go poorly for me?
- Why am I plagued with doubts about whether I can measure up to others’ expectations?
In case this is the first time we’ve met… My name is Janet Taggart. I’m a co-owner and principal consultant specializing in Personal Leadership Brand strategy and I love helping leaders in growth-oriented companies succeed in dynamic and complex environments.
Mindset is Foundational for Effective Leadership
If you’re striving to become a more influential and trusted leader, the place to start is with your mindset. Reviewing your patterns of thinking and self-talk will reveal what you can begin working on.
Our video today will help you begin to understand where you are thinking from and how it might be affecting you. Check it out!
Here’s what you’ll learn in today’s video about self-talk:
- [00:00:01]: The Role of Self-Talk in Recognizing the State of Your Mindset
- [00:00:40]: Identifying Negative Thought Patterns
- [00:01:30]: Suffering From the Effects of an Unsupportive Mindset? One Client’s Story
- [00:02:56]: The Profound Impact of Belief on Behavior
- [00:03:16]: Self-Talk as an Indicator of Mindset
- [00:03:40]: Arguing With Yourself: Can You Break the Cycle?
- [00:04:37]: The Power of a Supportive Mindset and How to Cultivate It
Recognizing your self-talk is an important indicator of the quality of your mindset. And, what keeps you stuck, overwhelmed, and fearful is when your self-talk becomes a battle between positive and negative thoughts. Mindset work is the key.
As You Understand the Role of Self-Talk, You’re Ready to Engage Your Mindset on a New Level
As you recognize how you speak to yourself, how you think about your environment, and how you view yourself in various circumstances, you’ll gain insights which will help you to shift your mindset over time. Equipped with a supportive mindset, you’ll feel capable, act with purpose, and achieve stellar results.
- Join our exclusive IMPACT® Leadership Program for a step-by-step transformative journey to unlock your potential.
- Visit us on our website to discover our leadership development solutions tailored to suit individual (Self-Directed) and organizational (Company-Sponsored) needs and investment levels.
- Subscribe to our Leadership Transformation blog for regular updates on leadership strategy.
- Connect with us on LinkedIn for updates on news and events.
- Medical News Today. (N.D.). Talking to Yourself: A Sign of Sanity? Medical News Today. https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/talking-to-yourself